Why become a member? ×

TRADE PENDING - ACG Finn 4 Custom 33" scale with spare neck
£975

ead

With a heavy heart, for sale or trade is my Custom Spec ACG Finn 4 s/n 108.

The spec is as follows:[list]
[*]Spalt Maple top, Purpleheart accent, Black Walnut body.
[*]5 piece Wenge/Maple neck with Pearloid bound Acrylic Impregnated Purpleheart board. No radius; 33″ scale with Banjo fret wire; 38mm nut
[*][b]Second neck (currently fitted)[/b]: 3-piece maple and purpleheart, wenge board with 16” radius. EVO fretwire; 38mm nut
[*]ACG RFB with Parallel/Single/Series coil switching ([b]modded by Alan at ACG for me)[/b]
[*]ACG EQ02 4K/S filter pre-amp - Controls are: Volume; bass filter stack; treble filter stack; tone
[*]Hipshot Type A Ultralite tuners
[*]Dunlop dual design straplocks
[*]Satin finish
[*]Strung with D'Addario nickels
[/list]
More info. can be found on the ACG website here: [url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0108-finn-4-string/"]http://www.acguitars...-finn-4-string/[/url]

The EQ02 is one of the more simple to grasp filter preamps and can produce all kinds to different tones coupled with the various coil switching options. Hwere is the link to the EQ02 manual: [url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/docs/eq02Manual2009.pdf"]http://www.acguitars...2Manual2009.pdf[/url]

From the ACG website in respect of the pickup:

[i][b]AC RFB Humbucker:[/b]
This wide aperture humbucking pickup provides a more aggressive, darker tone, with a lot punch and a smoother high end when compared to the more modern hifi tone of our FB pickup.
A great choice for a powerful rock or extremely punchy funk tone, anything where you really want to be noticed. The pickup can be wound in series mode for a serious amount of low mid punch or parallel for pronounced mid range clarity. It can also be combined with a 3 way switch to allow access to series, parallel and single coil mode making for an incredibly versatile setup, a great choice for a single pickup bass, or in combination with any other pickup for a veritable Swiss Army knife of an instrument.
RFB Pickups are available in 40mm or 50mm casings, however we recommend 50mm casings to get the best from the design.[/i]

This is a stunning bass in excellent condition. I have done my best to capture the hues and tones of the woods used in the construction in the pictures but I don't think that they quite do the bass justice.

I’ve tried to price the bass realistically in line with my experience of selling the odd ACG. New custom basses will be getting on towards £2k now so this represents a good value bass (imho of course).

The bass comes with a Hiscox hard case and happy to meet up or delivery in person within reasonable distance for petrol money. Courier as a last resort. Anyone wishing to try the bass is welcome to pay a visit Chorley, where a selection of beverages and biscuits will be available.

I'm [b]definitely interested in trades[/b] for other basses and happy to put cash towards the right bass. Please bear in mind that I have limited talents so EUBs are really not my thing although a 5er might be. Nothing too pointy or white please (or blue come to think of it), and if possible not too heavy, ideally less than 10lbs. I could well be tempted by a nice Precision.

Thanks for looking and finally some pictures of the bass with the second neck fitted. The ACG website has the pics of the bass as originally made. I have the neck all packed up but happy to unwrap for pics if you would like to see them.

[attachment=234880:ACG Finnray 01.jpg] [attachment=234881:ACG Finnray 02.jpg]

[attachment=234882:ACG Finnray 03.jpg] [attachment=234883:ACG Finnray 04.jpg]

[attachment=234884:ACG Finnray 05.jpg] [attachment=234885:ACG Finnray 06.jpg]

Edited by ead