Why become a member? ×

13 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Not strictly speaking live, but it will contain new video of us performing live, maybe some photo's and some other random stuff 😂.

I've been fascinated by some of the composite videos that have been made by various musicians during the unpleasantness of lockdown.

Your own band's NHS tribute cover of Heroes, for example, and The Immediate Family's Cruel Twist.  They represent an interesting development in Music Video as an art form.

You've got to keep your name out there and deliver something memorable these days more than ever before.  Necessity is the mother of invention innit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I've been fascinated by some of the composite videos that have been made by various musicians during the unpleasantness of lockdown.

Your own band's NHS tribute cover of Heroes, for example, and The Immediate Family's Cruel Twist.  They represent an interesting development in Music Video as an art form.

You've got to keep your name out there and deliver something memorable these days more than ever before.  Necessity is the mother of invention innit.

Very much so. We want to try and do something a little different. Might not work, but going to give it a go. It might be the opportunity to try something songs that don’t normally get looked at by other tribute bands. We have more time to create the patches and sounds we’ll need to pull them off.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit late to the party here, but  dear cliff, what a friggin fabulous line up  Warren !

Some utterly fab recordings and great musicianship by all.  Stand outs for me, because they just happen to be some of my fave DB tracks, were Fame, Moonage, and Breaking Glass.

Nice basses too.  One of them looked like a series 3 Wal but i dunno. 

Keep at it WB  :)

On 28/10/2020 at 22:58, fleabag said:

I'm a bit late to the party here, but  dear cliff, what a friggin fabulous line up  Warren !

Some utterly fab recordings and great musicianship by all.  Stand outs for me, because they just happen to be some of my fave DB tracks, were Fame, Moonage, and Breaking Glass.

Nice basses too.  One of them looked like a series 3 Wal but i dunno. 

Keep at it WB  :)

Hi Pete,

Thanks so much for your kind words. It really means a lot mate.

The real shame of it is, like 99% of the rest of Basschat, that after all the hard work we’ve put in over the years, everything has ground to a halt rather abruptly. As a 7 piece, we can’t even rehearse at the moment. We’re investigating Jamkazam, but unless you have a drummer with en electronic kit or a drum room at home (which we don’t), it’s difficult. Hopefully 2021 will turn a corner.

As for the basses, yes, I’m very lucky to have some nice ones in the collection. Yes, you are correct, that is a Wal Mk3 which is perfect for this band. I generally use that, a Stingray and a Lull, although I am now also the proud owner of a USA Lakland which will fit in nicely too.

BFC8B0E9-4BB3-4EAC-840C-868B42B57199.jpeg

7E71FC37-30C6-46C3-90BE-73294B14C1E1.jpeg

A07B4766-4929-4DDA-8C02-2F5D79B59417.jpeg

D2DDDE8F-6661-4731-921F-E58940EFAB4C.jpeg

I think this situation we find ourselves in is harder for the top bands and the clamping down on entertainment is a great loss.  Not so much for pub bands where my level is, though of course its still a pain and very sad.

Funny you cant find a leccy kit player,  because before i started playing bass, i was just that ..a drummer with a Roland kit in a very good gigging Northampton band  :)

I wonder just how many venues will be left standing after this rediculous sh!tstorm finally moves on.

PS that WAL is nice, but it seems you get a monster tone whatever you play.

Talking of which, listen to Gail Dorsey on this track.  I've been chasing tone for years and if i could replicate her sound on this track,  i would end the search.  Maybe i need a Stingray, but i guess  there's more to it than just the bass.

Anyways,  i wish you well and  dont lose heart.  You're too good to fade away

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

We played Fat Lil's in Witney, Oxfordshire last Friday. They've only just recently opened again due to the slow post-COVID demand. It wasn't packed, but we had a decent sized very enthusiastic crowd who seemed to be very into Bowie. The lady in black you can see dancing has a prosthetic leg and man could she throw some shapes. She knew 99% of all the lyrics too.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker