Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING - Musicman Stingray 5 HS - Green / Maple
£900

willgatesbass

Hi all - If you're looking at this then you probably know your apples from your oranges already. All the usual Stingray goodness with the added versatility of a single coil on the neck. Five way selector switch to configure the pickups to your liking. 3 way active EQ.

Mine is a sort of forest green colour with a black scratch plate, maple neck and fingerboard and chrome hardware. Very good condition and still looks very smart but is certainly not a 'minter'. The fingerboard is quite grubby. I'm told this can be sorted with steel wool but I quite like it as it is. There are one or two chips here and there which I've tried to picture. There's a little corrosion on the pole pieces of the hum-bucker. Again, this just makes it look slightly aged and played-in and doesn't effect the sound. The previous owner added a thumb rest. I'm sure this is easily removed but I found it quite useful.

Functionally, it is spot on. Very comfortable on the strap and easy to play. Recently re-strung with nickel-wound slinky's and the setup is great. Sounds gorgeous.

Comes with original MM hardcase (very good condition)

Usual irritating sideways pictures I'm afraid. Feel free to save the images and rotate them on your desktop for a proper look. That's what I usually do anyway.

I'm looking for a sale ideally but may consider the following trades -

- Fender American Standard Precision Bass (4 and 5 strings considered)
- Fender American Standard Jazz Bass V
- Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V

If you have anything similar to offer I'd certainly be up for a ganders too!

Based in Gloucester but I travel all over for gigs (particularly London) so may be able to meet.

PM me if you have any questions. Thanks.

[attachment=232362:IMG_0731.JPG][attachment=232357:IMG_2036.JPG][attachment=232358:IMG_2037.JPG][attachment=232359:IMG_2039.JPG][attachment=232360:IMG_2041.JPG][attachment=232361:IMG_2042.JPG]

Edited by willgatesbass