Why become a member? ×

Prices of European made kit

Dan Dare

Hi Dan

I'm sure this will come up time and time agin in the coming months but I hope you understand that we're trying to avoid talking about Brexit here on Basschat. Yes, it's going to be difficult to avoid entirely as it's affecting the prices of gear, but threads dedicated to how a price has gone up or down due to Brexit always end up with arguments for and against Brexit and insults start being exchanged. This is what we want to avoid.

Going forward, mentioning a price increase as part of a thread about something is fine but as a forum can we [i]try[/i] and avoid getting into conversations about the pros and cons of Brexit specifically, and any members [u]insulting[/u] one another will end up with warnings. I think we all understand there will be some uncertainty in the short term but we don't need to talk in depth about the politics every time someone says how much something cost.

For all our sakes, be cool.

Cheers
ped

(P.s not aimed specifically at you, Dan, but anyone else itching to have a debate about Brexit - we may set up a dedicated thread where you can talk about it (if that's what floats your boat) but I'll let you know)