Why become a member? ×

Damnation Festival 2016

Graham

Any basschatters going, or even playing?

Looking forward to next weekend, can't wait to see Cult Of Luna play Mariner in full, then there's Electric Wizard, Enslaved, a reformed Akercocke and Abbath. I've also been really enjoying the new releases from some small UK bands playing, particularly Conjurer, Kroh, Venom Prison and Mithras, so looking forward to catching them.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1477483278' post='3162502']
Lucky swine getting to see Julie Christmas/Cult of Luna... and Electric Wizard... and Ufomammut...
[/quote]

Ufomammut clash with Enslaved unfortunately, but that's always the way with Festival bills

Edited by Graham

Akercocke are mates of mine and well worth going to see - they were excellent on the recent tour.

Plus the 5th November is Scanlan's 50th birthday so you can watch as he swaps his cowboy boots for tartan slippers and asks for some sanatogen on the rider rather than jack daniels

Points deducted because the new bass player is actually a rhythm guitarist

I'm a big fan of Akercocke, they're on my must-see list for the day; Voices and The Antichrist Imperium are great, but it's good to have them back again, particularly with new material on the way.

I watched their Bloodstock performance on YouTube and despite being a guitarist Nathanial did a very good job.

Edited by Graham