Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Fender USA Precision Bass (Black) - Urgent Sale - Surrey
£600

Bankai

Hello all, Expensive bills are terrible and unfortunately I'm facing a few of them so my main bass has to find a new home! I've owned this since 2010 and it's been my main bass in that time. I've rarely played for the last two years so it doesn't see as much action as it used to.

This is a 2005 Fender USA Standard Series P-Bass. Unmodified from stock.
It has a few tiny marks that you'd expect from normal use but it is free of any serious damage.
The USA models of this period were given the S1 switch as standard which is uncommon for a P-Bass, and it's quite a handy tool.

I'm in Surrey, and ideally looking for someone to collect. Please PM me if you'd be interested!

Further images to follow.

Edited by Bankai

[quote name='P_bass_1983' timestamp='1476199742' post='3152232']
Nice bass mate. What does the S 1 switch actually do?
[/quote]
[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1476200323' post='3152239']
It puts the pickups in either parallel or series - can never remember which - but it makes the bass sound more Jazz-like. Good price for this one.
[/quote]

Lozz explained it pretty well. It swaps the wiring of the pickups and takes you from standard P-bass to a P-Bass/Jazz hybrid sound.
The S1 switch is hidden in the gain pot. You activate it by pushing/pulling it. It wasn't an aftermarket modification, it was done as standard by Fender for this model.