Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB 410, 212 or 112x2 with Genz STM 900?

countjodius

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1477727744' post='3164028']
Yes, matching cabs and a narrower head on top (or even no head) does not look like an absolute mess on stage as if I've had to borrow bits and pieces off three people to do the gig! :D
[/quote]

Haha. I see. A head that's narrower than the cab has never bothered me. I've honestly never even thought about it.

I wouldn't want a head that's wider than the cab though. That rules out some great amps that I would have bought on here over the years as they are 19" wide. It also means I wouldn't use my Reidmar 750 on top of my Barefaced one10, which is a pity really because it would sound fantastic.

Frank.

[quote name='gillento' timestamp='1477717039' post='3164002']
So a TKS S212 does sound like a close option to the mighty db212?

.... just making sure I got this right :)
[/quote]

On the basis that I think 2 s112's sound quite close to the DB212, I'd be thinking the TKS212 would stand a chance to be closer.
I'd be thinking the 212 blooms a tad more by virtue of the combined internal area.

The DB212 has 410 type dims whereas the TKS is taller and therefore less deep.?
E-mail to TKS about the differences between 2x112 and their 212 would be my next move..

I'm glad I don't have to choose between the DB212 and the TKS 2x112's but if I did...?? the DB212 on sound.