Why become a member? ×

Cliff Burton

Cosmo Valdemar

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1476440744' post='3154301']
I would imagine though that if you already have the 2008 remaster, you won't hear a massive improvement.
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking.
I don't have any remasters, just the originals.

I've heard negative things about the most recent remasters too...

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1476442382' post='3154331']
That's what I was thinking.
I don't have any remasters, just the originals.

I've heard negative things about the most recent remasters too...
[/quote]

Really? What were the negatives?

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of remasters of originals unless I consider the originals to be a bit flawed. For example, I don't see much need for the Temple of the Dog 25th anniversary remaster. I have the original, it still sounds perfectly fine!

I consider the original Metallica albums to sound pretty flat and devoid of any real bass, though apart from Justice, I don't have any real problem with the originals. I think that the remasters are an improvement of the original, though I don't consider them to be essential purchases.

I think that the original Justice is mixed terribly and that a remixed and remastered version of the album would sound entirely different and one that I would love to hear. Even then, I still think that the songs are needlessly long with unnecessary parts. Still, I want to hear it.

I've heard people saying the remasters sound quite harsh and trebly.

I agree about TotD, it seems the whole album got remixed just so they could push Vedder's vocals in Hunger Strike higher in the mix.

Ride The Lightning is one of my favourite albums and the original pressing sounds bloody good to me.