Why become a member? ×

How do I politely, for the fourth time, ask the sound guy to me up in the mix?

bornagainbass65

we played at an event on Thursday night and the onstage sound was one of mush.when I asked the sound guy why it sounded so bad his reply was "its because you 15 foot off the bass bins".after 4 tries I gave up and struggled through the set.afterwards a mate said the bass out front was an inaudible rumble

Have a talk with him before the rehearsall, let him know your point of view and don't forget to tell him that the rest of the band shares your opinion. When setting up for the rehearsall and comes the time to do the bass mix have the entire band paying attention and commenting on how they like the volume.

I've done outdoor gigs where i didn't knew the soundguys so i allways tried to have a little talk to them just to try to explain them that my sound isn't scooped or full of bass and no one reacted badly for this, all presented me with a great sound, just like i wanted.

With a simple, cordial, talk you can go a long way. Buy him a beer after the rehearsall if he managed to listen to you and solve your problem.