Why become a member? ×

Hey all!

~tl

Hello, my name is Tom and I'm an addict...

I've been a long time lurker here, but thought I should really register and introduce myself!

I'm currently living in Glasgow, in my 3rd year of studying for a MEng in Electronics and Music. I'm having a blast, but not really finding enough time for bands. I will need to put a bit more effort into getting something together soon, though I've been saying that ever since I moved here! In that vein, if anyone's looking for a temp/permanent bass player in Glasgow then give me a call!

I've been playing bass for about 12 years, though I've been exposed to it for my whole life. I grew up playing my father's '63 Precision through a '70s Hiwatt 100. I couldn't have asked for better equipment to learn on really! My main bass these days is a sunburst, Fender CIJ '62 Precision. I've had it since 2005 and have gradually been upgrading bits on since. Currently it's got a gold-anodised scratch-plate, Badass II, Bartolini pups and Schaller strap-locks on it. Got a set of Schaller machine heads on their way, along with replacement knobs since the originals don't fit the shafts of the CTS pots I put in when I rewired it. I guess that when I've done that the only original bits will be the body and neck... so I guess that's the end of me upgrading it, unless I start re-replacing parts! The neck on this bass is just feels "right" to me. I've played a lot of MIA/MIM Fenders, and haven't found any that feel this good to play, so I guess I won't be replacing it any time soon! A little photo:

[attachment=14428:IMG_4234.jpg]

Amp wise, I currently only have a small Hartke combo. Since I haven't been gigging, I've not needed anything bigger and this is fine for practice and the odd jam. I've got serious GAS for a Shuttle 6.0, so we'll see whether temptation gets the better of me! Not sure what my neighbours would think though...

Anyway, that's enough about me. Nice forum you have here, looking forward to hanging around! :)