Why become a member? ×

Carlsbro 400w head & 1X15 cab

bigd1

HEAD

Carlsbro Bass Reactor 400 head (4ohm) in like new condition, great sounding head, I've used it for rock & acoustic type music makes a good job of all. 9 band graphic eq with on off switch & level control, deep switch, mid shift & mute buttons. Outputs speakon, tunner, aux send & return, DI (balanced) speaker lead included.

CAB
1x15+tweeter this is a ABM cab loaded with a Celestion Neo speaker, all work was done by pro (not a DIY project) speakon in/out sockets only on cab, fitted with casters. Cab is not to heavy due to the Neo driver that has been fitted.

Both head and cab are in like new condition, not been giged very much and have been very well looked after.

Looking for £275 ovno the lot, pick up only. May be able to deliver depending on distance for "go go" money. I am based between Manchester & Leeds.

[quote name='bigd1' post='301912' date='Oct 8 2008, 09:06 AM']bump[/quote]
Great Guy to deal with and as the previous owner of this rig I can vouch for it. The cab IS a genuine Ashdown ABM 15 with a Celestion Neo fitted. I originally got this from the company that make Ashdown Cabs, (and Trace, Orange, HiWatt, Cornford etc.etc.), as it was left over from an order when Ashdown changed the design of the handles. It was put together by the same team and has a compression horn added. Check the price of the speaker on it's own and you will see what a deal this is.
Serious trouser flapping bass from this set-up.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='306998' date='Oct 15 2008, 12:16 PM']Perhaps it suffers because its not particularly fashionable? I love Carlsbro gear. These heads are really under rated by all accounts.[/quote]
Couldn't agree more BBC. Slap the "flavour of the month" badge on it and it's sold in minutes.
This whole rig is absolutely awesome, particularly for the money.
Shed loads of trouser flapping, bass. The neo driver in the cab give it loads of mid as well.
Just check the pice of an Ashdown ABM115 Neo and you realise what a bargain it is.

And Ashdowns are sh*te I know I've had 2 of then fooookin naff, this does need to go to a good home where it will get used. It's just taking up room at the mo.
As has been said by lots of B/chaters (Ta for that) awesome rig, great sound, good power, cheap price and I may even deliver what more could you want. Bag a bargain, you know you want to.

when you say 'not too heavy', how heavy are we talking? I'm currently living on the 4th floor at my halls of residence, and there's no lift, so weight is most definitely an issue. I'm also far too tempted by this and want a reason to stop myself from getting it...

I know this is a bit pathetic but I can't come up with a way to weigh this cab. Only thing I can say is, as it has a Neo speaker fitted it is much lighter than other 15" cabs I have owned. You can carry it on your own although due to its size this is not the easiest of things over a long distance. The cab has a set of casters fitted for this purpose.
Hope this is of some help.

BIGd

[quote name='bigd1' post='309398' date='Oct 18 2008, 06:42 PM']I know this is a bit pathetic but I can't come up with a way to weigh this cab. Only thing I can say is, as it has a Neo speaker fitted it is much lighter than other 15" cabs I have owned. You can carry it on your own although due to its size this is not the easiest of things over a long distance. The cab has a set of casters fitted for this purpose.[/quote]

that's not so pathetic, we dont have a single set of scales in our house, other than those for food. It really is very tempting, but the fact that it's about 2 miles to nearby venues, coupled with the fact that i live on a 3rd floor without a lift, means unfortunately I shall pass on this. Good luck though, someone's going to get a fantastic deal with this i'm sure.

[quote name='Zach' post='312064' date='Oct 22 2008, 01:40 PM']that's not so pathetic, we dont have a single set of scales in our house, other than those for food. It really is very tempting, but the fact that it's about 2 miles to nearby venues, coupled with the fact that i live on a 3rd floor without a lift, means unfortunately I shall pass on this. Good luck though, someone's going to get a fantastic deal with this i'm sure.[/quote]

You are always more than welcome to come and have a test drive, see if it is to heavy etc.

[quote name='ben_eat_pie' post='313254' date='Oct 23 2008, 07:48 PM']could I get a price on the head only?
I've got an ashdown and I'm struggling to get the sound... I'm sure you understand!

ben[/quote]
You have a PM

• 2 weeks later...

I feel I'm offering a great rig for a very cheap price. I can't believe no body wants this. Come on guys your missing a real bargain. I have seen Ashdown & Hartke stuff selling no problem, these really are not a patch on the sound and power of this set-up.
Get um whilst it's hot, beat the credit crunch, bag a bargain, give me some room in my hall way. :)

Edited by bigd1