Why become a member? ×

Orange SP410 Project - NOW SOLD
£180

chrisd783

This is ideal for someone looking for a sturdy, powerful cab with the time and knowledge to get it working again, neither of which i possess :)
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
The front two drivers are kaput, leaving 2 x 300 watt drivers with a total of 16 ohms of impedance wired in parallel. All this needs is 2 x 32 ohm speakers wired in parallel with the existing two to give an 8 ohm cab.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
I've tried to find 300w 10 inch drivers at 32 ohms but they seem to be impossible to get hold of. There are some 100w drivers around at 32 ohms though, so you'll end up with an 800w 4 x 10 rig in a sturdy, compact cabinet.[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
Cash is king as always but I'm very open on this and will listen to any sensible cash or trade offer. A decent acoustic bass, heads, pedals, pretty much anything, try me! Can include cash either way for the right deal. [/font][/color]
I'm happy to post this, price comes in at around [color=#5A5A5A][size=4][b]£20[/b][/size][/color][/font][/color]
Any questions feel free to drop me a line.[/font][/color]

Edited by chrisd783

Very tempted by this. Are the front speakers a different model to the back ones? Do you know which model the speakers are that have gone? What caused the front ones to break down and what's the condition of the back ones?

Sorry for all the questions. Have been looking in to getting a 4x10 to match my 1x15 and this would tick the boxes if it were working. Since it's not I need to check. I can only find one speaker that matches the spec you give.

Thanks, G.

[quote name='hemdee666' timestamp='1471360208' post='3112484']
You don't need to buy two 32 ohm speakers as they are (very) hard to find. Put in two 8 ohm speakers, wired in serie (giving you 16 ohm) and put them parallel over the two 32ohm speakers in parallel => 8 ohms. Job done. Grtz, Marc.
[/quote]
That would give the correct total impedance and equal power sharing between the drivers but you'd have the Tone Police after you for incestuous mixing of drivers in the same cab.

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Very tempted by this. Are the front speakers a different model to the back ones? Do you know which model the speakers are that have gone? What caused the front ones to break down and what's the condition of the back ones?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sorry for all the questions. Have been looking in to getting a 4x10 to match my 1x15 and this would tick the boxes if it were working. Since it's not I need to check. I can only find one speaker that matches the spec you give.[/font][/color][/quote]

I've PM'd you SirM!

[quote name='plankspanker' timestamp='1471371888' post='3112614']

That would give the correct total impedance and equal power sharing between the drivers but you'd have the Tone Police after you for incestuous mixing of drivers in the same cab.
[/quote]
😎

Edited by hemdee666