Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray SR5 - price drop
£575

aj5string

Now £550

Up for sale/trade is a bass I traded earlier in the year with Pinball. I got it as a gigging bass, to leave in London for our regular gigs. Turns out we are actually gigging way more than expected, so having this in London, and a very similar bass at home is just unnecessary. These are Pinballs words;

[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is a really nice playing Stingray 5. It is a hybrid between a SterlingRay35 and a USA SR5 neck so is priced accordingly. When you bear in mind how similar a SterlingRay is to a USA one, this is a brilliant way to get a genuine USA neck and the real sound/feel.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I had the SterlingRay35 for a while (I traded it and then bought it back at one stage). I loved the sound and feel of the bass but was never that happy with the neck so when I got the chance of a used USA neck I jumped on it and have been very happy with the results. The reason for sale is simply that I now have a red EB Stingray, which is the colour I always wanted so this one doesn't get played.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It is a Sterlingray35, a creme pick-guard and an EB neck. It will have the original strap buttons put back on and a set of used Status half/rounds on it. As far as sound and looks go it is the same as a USA Stingray-I know this as I switch between them regularly. The neck swap was done by Eltham Jones at the renowned Edge Guitars in Bristol[/font][/color][/i]

[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The previous owner used to rub the neck up and down the mic. It looks nasty but you don't feel it or notice it when playing-see video. The neck itself is beautiful and transformed what was already a nice bass guitar into something even better.[/font][/color][/i]

Its in excellent condition - I have gigged it a lot, but looked after it. Marks on bottom of fretboard/neck, but not visable, or feelable when playing - otherwise, pretty good!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So - £575 for a sale, also open to trades - try me. Can ship at agreed cost (no more than £20) as I have a box ready, or I travel a lot for gigs so could potentially arrange a meet. I live in Devon, and would be happy to drive as far as say Bristol for a trade.[/font][/color]

[url="http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/aj5string/media/post-22649-0-11696700-1456699078.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by aj5string

I certainly loved it and it still looks good too doesn't it :)

You can see it in action by checking The Angry Badgers Video, Deep Red in their Facebook page. Why not like the page if you like what you hear :)

Bump - will do £550 delivered.

I am all over the place gigging, so could possibly sort something that way, if not, I will pay for insured courier.

Trade wise, ideally am looking for some cash my way, unless something really grabs my attention 😉 but priority is some cash.

[quote name='aj5string' timestamp='1471473386' post='3113369']
Was having a play on this in the studio today, and can't stress how beautiful the neck is, and how good it sounds/looks/feels!
[/quote]

I can confirm the above as it is a very nice neck to play. Rock solid too....I'm still quite attached to it GLWTS

Edited by Pinball