Why become a member? ×

Cort Action DLX Setup

wishface

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1470405232' post='3105800']
I agree take it for a set up £30 max is better than f***ing up the bass cos something is seriously out with that set up mate sorry I cant be anymore help
[/quote]what do you think is wrong with it?

The thing that's wrong is that you don't seem to be able to follow instructions in how to set a bass up. You've been given links to two videos and an official Fender guide which you either haven't looked at or don't understand. Either way I'd say you're on your own now. Good luck and goodbye.

[quote name='wishface' timestamp='1470418234' post='3105914']
what do you think is wrong with it?
[/quote]Mate could be several things neck could be warped truss rod could be dodgy or maybe you have just ballsed the setup up? no offence I think you need to take it to a tech mate

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1470419167' post='3105918']
The thing that's wrong is that you don't seem to be able to follow instructions in how to set a bass up. You've been given links to two videos and an official Fender guide which you either haven't looked at or don't understand. Either way I'd say you're on your own now. Good luck and goodbye.
[/quote]

I did everything those guides suggested, what are you talking about? I set the relief, and i set the action. What are you talking about?

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1470420998' post='3105932']
Mate could be several things neck could be warped truss rod could be dodgy or maybe you have just ballsed the setup up? no offence I think you need to take it to a tech mate
[/quote]The neck is barely bowed at all, did you see the picture?

I'm measuring over the 8th fret, that's what i've been told. I can't measure less than 1/32 of an inch - and even that's difficult with my 70p Wilko tape measure.

as far as i can tell it's about 1/16. Very roughly.

But I cannot get the E string low enough to not buzz.

Its not unplayable by any means, but the action is higher than my previous bass and I would like it lower. The G and D strings I can get away with, but the A and E, the latter in particular, just buzz when comparably lowered.

[quote name='wishface' timestamp='1470427025' post='3105980']
I'm measuring over the 8th fret, that's what i've been told. I can't measure less than 1/32 of an inch - and even that's difficult with my 70p Wilko tape measure.

as far as i can tell it's about 1/16. Very roughly.

But I cannot get the E string low enough to not buzz.

Its not unplayable by any means, but the action is higher than my previous bass and I would like it lower. The G and D strings I can get away with, but the A and E, the latter in particular, just buzz when comparably lowered.
[/quote]Sorry cant help you anymore I think you need to take it to someone who knows what they are doing mate

There is advice aplenty here and even how-to videos -- people are trying to help you, and you're arguing the toss with every bit of advice given to you, and then you're surprised when they become exasperated. To be honest, if I were you I'd take the bass to a luthier, pay him for his expertise and ask him very nicely if he'll be kind enough to talk you through how he does it. He might, he might not, but either way it'll be £30/whatever well spent. Don't argue with him though. ;)

Oh, and if you're going to press ahead and DIY, you'll never get anywhere with your 70p Wilko POS. Go onto ebay and search for "engineer's rule". You can pick them up for a couple of quid.

Yes and I've FOLLOWED those videos. Why are you people hell bent on trolling me like this? Show me where I haven't followed. Show me where i've argued the toss.

I can't take the guitar to a luthier at the momenbt because I don't have the money right now. Ok?

FFS, what is the point of this? You are laying about me and it NEEDDS TO f***ing STOP!