Why become a member? ×

Jack Bruce (ish) EB3 / SG Bass

Andyjr1515

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1478564685' post='3170005']

At the gig on 10th Dec, it will be a bit special because I will have built every guitar and bass used in the band ;). The fully tally will be the lead guitarists tele and spare, the vocalist's dreadnought acoustic, Pete's EB3 bass and SG six string, my own own design six string. Must remember to get someone to take a photo :)
[/quote]

Special, it certainly was. Someone was on hand to take the photo and I was lucky enough to get a little play on the 'Jack Bruce' bass. Gorgeous.
The beer was pretty good too,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1478564685' post='3170005']
Got the opportunity to play this at tonight's band practice :). It sounds great in full band context. The Model One is a cracking pickup....I noticed Pete only used one of the six settings on the rotary (no surprise, it was the 'neck only') and when I got to play, I never got past that setting either.

At the gig on 10th Dec, it will be a bit special because I will have built every guitar and bass used in the band ;). The fully tally will be the lead guitarists tele and spare, the vocalist's dreadnought acoustic, Pete's EB3 bass and SG six string, my own own design six string. Must remember to get someone to take a photo :)
[/quote]

Well typically, the gig photo didn't come out properly so, by the stunning innovation of camera technology, we were able to recreate the event at practice last night :lol: . Here are the old gits (otherwise known as the Grey White Band, which is, as you may have noticed, based on hair colour....well those who have any hair (The Grey White and Baldy Band doesn't roll off the tongue in quite the same way even if it is, technically, more accurate :D ):

The guitars and basses (all built or abused by yours truly), from the left:[list]
[*]Bitsa telecaster based around a genuine Fender neck
[*]Squier strat with fancy veneer and more pickup options than were wise to let loose on Paul, the lead guitarist
[*]Me holding a fun-competition build from TheFretboard forum - "take a £90 kit and do something interesting with it". This has now been my main gigging guitar for the past 2 years!
[*]Pete's EB-3ish scratchbuilt bass
[*]Pete holding his scratch built SG-ish 6 string (when he plays this, I get to play the bass :D )
[*]Chris's scratchbuilt dreadnought acoustic
[/list]
Well, something for the grandkids to take the piss out of. Well, OK, no grandkids yet - so you lot will have to do it in the meantime :P

Edited by Andyjr1515

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1485276471' post='3222731']
Shame the original photo didn't work Andy, and that was such a fancy-looking camera too!

By the way, I don't think you were wearing that jumper either.
[/quote]
:lol: Good job it wan't a cardigan!

We got some decent shots from Josh, but just not the 'all the guitars and basses' one. This is an array:

The 'in ear monitors' in our case are all hearing aids! Here Chris is singing from the heart...

Pete looking all black and white on the EB3-ish....

Paul probably wondering how he can get the dial up to 15

and yours truly is wondering if he's picked up the right sax...