Why become a member? ×

Pinned gig resources thread

Roger2611

Hi guys,

Yodaclub are looking to try and get on the bill for some more festivals next year so each band member has been tasked with finding festivals in the localish area, name and dates of this years festival, type of acts on the bill and a contact name for the organiser.

I know we had a recent thread where someone was looking for a promoter in the East Midlands area to hopefully replace a couple of lost tour dates.I was able to offer up a couple for the Leicester area.

So, it got me thinking, could we do something on here for promoters and festival organisers in your local area so others know what festivals are about and who to contact if it is a festival that suits?

Annoyingly we have recently had the Willow Festival in Northampton, supposedly the biggest festival for unsigned bands in the UK and we knew nothing about it until after it had happened and yet we are a Northampton Band, unsigned, getting local radio play and even a national play via BBC introducing, doing decent supports in Leicester but can't get a gig or festival in our hometown!

Would a pinned thread be possible or even wanted?

Rog

I was thinking along the lines of a general resources thread, Yodaclub are indie I guess but that covers a lot of ground musically, obviously we wouldn't be looking to play a Jazz Fusion festival (if such a thing exists) hence my idea would be something like the below

Festival.....Willow Festival
Location....Northampton
Organiser.......................
Contact..........................
Type of Festival.....Unsigned bands all genres
Apply by...........date

Or for Promoters

Promoter...Wide Awake Promotions (Paul Collins)
Contact details.........
Location....Leicester
Venue sizes.....50-150 capacity booking artists like Mark Morris, Dodgy, Wonderstuff etc.

I think this could be a really useful resource for bands looking to expand outside their comfort zone / local area?