Why become a member? ×

Recommendations for a custom Precision neck please.

miles'tone

I posted recent asking about chunky P bass necks, specifically unlined fretless P bass necks. Looks like I'm going to have to get what I want made for me. I've spoken to Jon Shuker who is going to get back to me and Sims Custom who sounded good but very expensive. Any other suggestions? I'd like to weigh up the options before I dive in wallet first!

Btw, I'm needing a neck an inch deep front to back - the proverbial baseball bat. I'm having some serious thumb muscle cramps on my fretting hand although my strap height is sensible, both hands and arms in the correct 'at ease' positions (no silly curls or weird angles if that makes sense!) and my technique is mindful.

I remember someone on here getting their fingerboard replaced with a fretless one by somebody in Exeter ( not Manson's) I think and they sang their praises no end but I can't find that thread again for the life of me!

Any suggestions most appreciated, over to you!

Edited by miles'tone

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1468672400' post='3092538']
Warmoth necks tend to be pretty chunky unless you specify the tapered option and the build quality is outstanding

I've had 2 and both have been flawless plus they have a huge selection to choose from
[/quote]

Thanks man - I've now taken a punt on an Allparts neck, should be here in a couple of weeks. Will report back once I've given it a whirl.

Sims, no question, but it depends if you are spending the same sort on money on the rest ..
and not skimpming.

If you want a great custon neck..and the rest of the bass uses very good parts, you'll probably be spending £1000 on a bitza..??