Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: NYC Sadowsky 4 *on hold*
£2150

Mikkel-S

Up for sale or trade is my beloved US Sadowsky. It started its life as a regular P but has been modified by the previous owner with two Aguilar DCB pickups. Controls are now vol, vol, VTC and stacked 2 band Sadowsky preamp. It sounds AMAZING! With the front pickup it gets into P-bass territory, both an insanely fat and perfect bass sound for the mix and on the bridge PU it gets into Jaco land.
It features a chambered alder body, maple neck with the most gorgeous brazilian fretboard. Nut width is 1.5" like a Jazz Bass.
Weight is ridiculous 3.5kgs and the balance is perfect.

A very resonant and powerful bass. Sounds just right in the studio as well as live.

Reason for sale is that I have realized I prefer maple fretboards. So, high end 4's and 5's with maple boards could be a trade option.

Bass is located in Denmark.

Cash: 2500Euro shipped.

Edited by Mikkel-S

This bass used to be mine, superb instrument, lightweight alder body and if I remember correctly, it was nitro finish.

Here are detailed pictures before conversion, if someone is interested:

http://gdavidak.rajce.idnes.cz/Sadowsky_NYC_Vintage_Precision_4/

Highly recommended.

Thanks David!

Long story short - i bought the bass of David, sold it because i preferred my old early Fender P with A-neck. The new owner then modded it with new pickups. Was fortunate enough to run into the guy again and heard the bass with the new pickups. I just HAD to have it. :D So i begged and begged to buy it back and bingo. It came back. But I just have an itch for a bass with maple board!!

Edited by Mikkel-S

• 3 weeks later...

The Sadowsky arrived today,
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My first impression is wow![/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What a beautiful slim neck,[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ultra low action and powerful pre amp,[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And man that tone,[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It sounds fantastic[/font][/color][i][/i][i][/i][i]❤️[/i][color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif],[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Delighted[/font][/color][i][/i]