Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Yamaha TRBX 304 £150
£150

progben

*Sold - Please Lock*

Hi there,

Up for sale is my trusty Yamaha TRBX304 in White.

This was my first bass and has been my main gigging/recording/rehearsing instrument for a whole year. It's seen a variety of stages, was used on three EPs and has always impressed me with its variety of tones and versatility.

I've recently picked up an 80's passive MIJ Yamaha and have decided that passive instruments are definitely a better fit for the music I play, so am moving this along to fund a backup passive bass.

IMO/IME, there's not many (if any) better basses in the >£300 price range when new and this would make a truly excellent companion for a beginner or someone looking to buy their first active instrument. You won't find a better bass for £150

Considering this bass has been used every day for a year, it's in superb condition. Recently set up with new rounds. I'll give it a clean before it's sold because it's been through a couple of shows and a recording session since it was set up.

The only truly noticeable aesthetic defect is a small crack in the paint (where the body joins the neck) but it doesn't affect playability. I've tried to capture it in a photo but my phone camera's focus is pretty shot. (I'm getting an upgrade in a few days so will have better pictures up for anyone interested).

Guitar comes supplied with the 9V battery in the bass + a spare, and Fender gig bag which, although not fantastic, does the job just fine.

I've got no packaging available to post the bass atm so collection preferred from Stourbridge, West Mids, or I can meet you in Birmingham/surrounding areas.

[i]N.B. I've only got buyer feedback at the moment and for the sake of transparency, PM me and I'll be more than happy to disclose my mobile no., social media links, links to my band's website (and me playing the bass in photos) etc. I know there's sometimes issues with spam/con artists on here but would like people to buy with confidence from a fellow, honest musician :)[/i]

[b]Trades/Part Trades considered: [/b]
MIJ Yamaha or Ibanez fretted or fretless basses (4 String only please)
Any other interesting 4 string fretless basses
Try me with anything else - you never know!

Edited by progben

• 5 weeks later...

You sure you definitely want to sell it? My first bass was a Yamaha TRB 6, one of the Mk I models. Looking back I'm not sure how I played it, the neck was enormously wide! I toyed with selling it several times, but have kept it for sentimental reasons and am glad I have. Sometimes I get it out again and give myself nostalgic RSI 😁

@dyerseve Cheers Chris!

@therealting Yeah, definitely want to sell. It's been a trusty instrument but I'm not that attached to it - it was just a tool (and a very effective one at that) in order to get started playing bass. Plus I've got way, way too many guitars in the house to warrant keeping any that aren't getting played.