Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II + Swan flight case - *SOLD*
£800

jay-syncro

I'm selling this great rig as I've seen something else I fancy. You know how it is.

I've previously owned a couple of the bigger 1001RB-II heads, and have to say that the general consensus of the 700 having the sweeter tone definitely rings true. They are both extremely powerful but the 700 just seems to have something about it that the 1001 doesn't.

I love the GK preamp and find that it is so versatile you can get whatever you want out of it. It's definitely not solely for modern rock tones as some people seem to think. Ease back the treble, increase the bass and boost controls, and you have a wonderful old school big rig sound.

The Neo 112 cabs are compact, very light and extremely powerful. They also sound rich and warm. I used this rig recently for a corporate gig to around 500 people in a large hall. The bass sounded punchy and full right at the back of the hall, and received complementary comments from the lighting man. A first for me!

I'm including the fancy swan flight case, speakon leads and IEC which along with the amp, has been recently PAT tested.

Collection from Margate.

Better pics to follow

[URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/vernoj02/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspxszftbw.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/vernoj02/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspxszftbw.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by jay-syncro

Sweet rig, as a fellow GK fan, I can vouch For the quality of their stuff.
The power stages of these heads is immense, I have the 1001rb, and while my class D GK stuff can go as loud, it doesn't have the same punch and depth to the low end that these cast iron transformer beasts have. Well worth the extra (small amount) of effort required.
I'd love a pair 112's 😄

GLWTS

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1468220671' post='3089240']
Sweet rig, as a fellow GK fan, I can vouch For the quality of their stuff.
The power stages of these heads is immense, I have the 1001rb, and while my class D GK stuff can go as loud, it doesn't have the same punch and depth to the low end that these cast iron transformer beasts have. Well worth the extra (small amount) of effort required.
I'd love a pair 112's 😄

GLWTS
[/quote]

Well said that man. I think that GK are often over looked on here as they aren't as expensive as some of the more esoteric brands, but in my experience they wipe the floor with many of them. I used the rig last night with my Alpher and got such a broad range of great sounds out of it, I'm thinking of overriding my GAS instincts and keeping it!

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1468310924' post='3089950']
Haha, what ou gassing for???
MIM just about to close a deal on a Markbass tte500, as I want a tube preamp, but can't find a GK Fusion 550 anywhere... That's the dream rig!!! At least the tte has an analogue power stage 😄
[/quote]

Something a bit smaller, I seem to be stuck in a cycle of big-amp-little amp!

I'm definitely a fan of analogue everything :)