Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 635-24 MTD USA Bass Guitar 6 string - like new!
£2950

Musashimonkey

[size=3][b]635-24 MTD Bass Guitar 6 string Michael Tobias Design USA, handmade [/b][/size]£2,950

[size=3]For sale; a 6 string MTD bass guitar, hand built in USA my Michael Tobias. It has 24 frets and a 35” scale length for a great B string. It’s an Ash body with buckeye burl top and matching headstock. The neck is maple with birds eye maple fingerboard. The bass is in excellent condition and has no marks or dings, and only slight signs of wear from a few careful hours of playing at home studio - never gigged, and always ended up playing my other basses to keep this one pristine. This is a very special bass indeed. Comes completed with MTD hard case. [/size]

[size=3][font=Helvetica Neue][color=#232323]Bass is located in Folkestone, Kent, UK. But happy to ship fully insured throughout the EU. Looking for straight sale, price is firm, or trade with cash my way please. More photos soon, any questions just give me a PM.[/color][/font]

[color=#232323][b]Link[/b] to previous listing for this time last year where it was £3,700:[/color][/size]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/258485-traded-%26-9733%3B%26-9733%3B%26-9733%3B-showroom-mtd-635-%26-9733%3B%26-9733%3B%26-9733%3B/page__p__2731698__hl__mtd__fromsearch__1#entry2731698"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2731698[/url]

[size=3][b]Link[/b] to pictures:[/size]
[url="http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/musashimonkey/library/MTD%20635-24"]http://s1379.photobu...ry/MTD%20635-24[/url]

[size=3][b]Spec:[/b][/size]
[size=3]The body is ash with a buckeye burl top. The neck is maple with a bird’s eye maple fingerboard. This bass also has special side dot material from Luminlay, the glowing dots can be activated with the LED provided. This bass is delivered with the revolutionary Buzz Feiten Tuning system. This system will show a great improvement in tuning when playing chords and when working with a keyboard and horns.[/size]

[size=3]This bass is 35" scale with 24 frets. The neck and body are hand finished with an epoxy base coat and catalyzed urethane topcoat. This should make a great feeling and durable finish. Upkeep on the finish is simple. It can be cleaned and polished with any high quality guitar polish. The truss rod is a true double acting rod and will adjust in both directions. It is adjustable with a 4mm Allen wrench.[/size]

[size=3]The pick-ups and active electronics are custom made by Bill Bartolini. The controls are: master volume and a pan pot, treble, mid, bass cut and boost, with center click (from neck to bridge). The three position switch selects the mid range cut and boost point. Down is lower mids (250); center is middle (500) and up is upper mids (1000). When the mid pot is at center click, the switch has minimal effect. This eq has 2 batteries and is a +/- 9 volt system. Be especially careful not to change the batteries when the bass is plugged in. There is a trim pot inside the control cavity to adjust the gain.[/size]

Edited by Musashimonkey

[quote name='binky_bass' timestamp='1464535763' post='3060159']
That'll certainly do! Trades?
[/quote]

I'm interested in straight sale or partial trades. I'm pretty open minded on what, but I am picky too though. I would also need to have cash coming my way though please (otherwise I would not be contemplating moving this magnificent bass on).

Stunning!
I'm on the market for a 5 string from an other maker and I'm set in the six string department so "fortunately" this is not for me (wish it was) but this one is one of the finest example of a MTD that I've ever seen. I'm sure it sounds the way it looks.
Good luck and have a free bump!

• 2 weeks later...