Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 1977 Musicman Stingray with OHSC - Black 'n' Maple - ex-Jamiroquai
£1850

TimAl

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica]30/05/16 - SOLD subject to the usual blah blah blahs - will confirm this time next week.

- - - - - - - - - -[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica]Merry Long Weekend all,[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica]Business & life plans mean I’m having a cull of all but my absolute essential gear - ho hum - so unfortunately I’m letting a number of members of the family go . . .

This is my 1977 Musicman Stingray in black with a maple board, Serial No. B005810 & 'TM' headstock, complete with the original hard case.

He's seen some life but commands real presence - obviously at coming up to 40 years old there’s dings, dongs & bongs here & there but nothing whatsoever that really stands out. For me, it just has That Look.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica]Now, importantly, he's currently sporting John East’s 2-band EQ pre-amp - which I have to say just nails it - BUT he does come with the original wiring loom & epoxy preamp but this was bypassed when I received it & I had the JE ‘lying around’ so put it to good use. Ultimately it plays & sounds absolutely superb - I’m no expert, just an avid lover of basses, but the thin frets & neck just seem to require no effort at all - it really is The One for me; if needs didn’t force my hand, he would be staying with me until my last breath - but it’s ‘just’ a bass & I have to attempt to be grown up & prioritise now. Ahem.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica]He plays superbly, the perfect low-ish action for me & not much more to say than all works exactly as it should & of course, he has That Sound.

Weighs in at an eye-watering 12.2lbs, but I’ve found that a decent wide strap made him more than useable.

Comes complete with the original hard case & a genuine tort plate.

Now the bonus - I bought him directly from Nick Fyffe - he of Jamiroquai & The Temperance Movement - & have a signed letter of provence confirming all & that it was used extensively on the ‘Synkronized’ album plus ‘Sensitivity’ by the Shapeshifters & Chic - it’s even on You Tube - 1:49 spotlights it - although don’t blink or you’ll miss it![/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i4zg9PzXYM"]https://www.youtube....h?v=2i4zg9PzXYM[/url][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica]I’ve not tarted him up in any way & have photographed under my studio lights as they really do accentuate any imperfection - so please be prepared for a pleasant surprise when seeing him in the flesh! Also, it appears that every spec of dust in the universe popped by at the time too, so please expect a much cleaner bass. [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica]I’m more than happy to take more detailed pictures if required & would vastly prefer collection from me so you can try out & satisfy yourself that he’s for you before parting with any lolly - I work from home so am pretty flexible about timings & am 15 mins off the A1 St. Neots/Kimbolton junction - warming or cooling beverages & biscuits on hand - but I’m prepared to wrap up & courier to you fully insured & tracked for an additional £35.00 if you can’t make it to this neck of the woods. Unfortunately due to previous bad experiences this is a UK only sale, with payment via good ole cash, bank transfer or PayPal plus fees.

So all-in-all I’ll be very sorry to see him go, but if you’re after a pre-EB with a bit of history & a lot of mojo then please do get in touch - as mentioned, cash is absolutely king so unfortunately I can’t entertain any trades, magic beans or golden geese please.

Cheers
Tim

[/font][/color]

Edited by TimAl

Thanks fellas - very kind.

I've got to admit, out of all the basses I've just listed up for sale this is the one that tugs on my heart strings the most - but hey ho, needs must.

:facepalm: Karl - once again you offer invaluable advice & I'd like it to be known that a veritable cornucopia of sugar-based goodies will be on hand to sweeten the visit :D

You did it Karl - the offer of sweet cakey goodness has tipped the balance :lol:

He's now SOLD subject to the usual blah blah blahs - I'll confirm this time next week.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas, he sure is a corker & out of all of my basses this is by far the hardest one to part with.

Happy Monday all
T