Why become a member? ×

N Sadowsky BD

M@23

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1464214896' post='3057723']

Natural UV70's are great funk basses - they just nail that sound perfectly and the natural finish adds a really authentic late 70's vibe :)
[/quote]

Have the same bass and it is no. 1 gigging bass. One thing, though, I usually mix both pups, but if I favour the bridge it gets quite thin, loses bass and mids and I have to compensate with amp EQ. It is slightly better in passive, but the VTC is a subtle beast, so wondering if I am doing something wrong.

[quote name='bootleg' timestamp='1464647175' post='3061184']
Have the same bass and it is no. 1 gigging bass. One thing, though, I usually mix both pups, but if I favour the bridge it gets quite thin, loses bass and mids and I have to compensate with amp EQ. It is slightly better in passive, but the VTC is a subtle beast, so wondering if I am doing something wrong.
[/quote]

How do you get on if you boost bass on the instrument pre-amp?

I'm sure you already know this but the Sadowsky pre-amps are boost only circuits.

If you are generally boosting both treble and bass on the pre then you are effectively cutting mids. Maybe try keeping the bass bosted but pull back a bit on the treble boost with bridge pickup only.