Why become a member? ×

Love it, love it all.

Bobthedog

[quote name='Paultrader' timestamp='1464159746' post='3056951']
There's something about the sound of bass - how it brings warmth and depth to the music - it's the best seat in the band.

I'm not much of an 'at home' player - I've always gigged and actually done very little recording in my life. I always make good progress with my playing when I'm learning new songs with a band, and I don't seem to have the motivation to do it on my own at home without that purpose. I quite envy those who will just get a bass out at home and play along with stuff.

For me, gigging is everything. The chance that the band will get in the zone - when the drummer and I look at each other and we know that we're really flying - those sublime moments are worth all the hassle of lugging the gear out, setting up, hauling it all back out to the car afterwards in the rain, creeping in at 1.45 am so you don't wake the wife...

I hope your gig goes well in July - and may you get the bug for it!
[/quote]

Nice!

Blue

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1464190398' post='3057382']
A dog that can use the internet is impressive enough, playing bass too is just the icing on the cake. I'm sure plenty will show up to see the spectacle come July Bob :D
[/quote]

:D. 154 people at the last count!

Bob you've captured it!

I remember a snarky Jeff Berlin interview where he was really disparaging towards people who don't sight read and know classical music, made me think he's a c*ck. Playing bass, like most things in life, is a case of do what you enjoy (as long as all involved are consenting adults and nobody gets hurt)