Why become a member? ×

Some Ohm advice please!

White Cloud

Hi folks,

This may be a recklessly stupid question, but I need some advice - so apologies in advance.

I love playing bass but as a card carrying technophobe have little interest in the technical aspect of gear. I am currently using a TC electronic BH250 amp (4 ohm) head but need to pair it up with a small lightweight cab. I really like the look of the Eden X112 (8 ohm) cab.

Will I be able to pair the two despite the difference in ohm's, and what are the implications of doing so?

Thanks in advance

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1463259848' post='3050062']
Will I be able to pair the two
[/quote]

Yes

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1463259848' post='3050062']
...despite the difference in ohm's, and what are the implications of doing so?
[/quote]

Literally none! You'll get less than full power out of your amp but you can add a second 8 ohm cab for full power should you need it.

This^

Just to add that I have a BH250 and frequently use it with a single RS212 cab (8 ohms) with no problems at all.

As the BH250 is a 4ohm amp, it won't deliver its full power into a single 8 ohm cab. When I need some extra oomph I also connect an RS210 (8ohm) cab, which gives a 4ohm load and full power from the amp.