Why become a member? ×

Guitar Guitar Epsom Store (very much Bass Bass too....)

Grand Wazoo

Just a quick heads up / review of this rather large music store in Epsom, Surrey, I happened to be driving past and stopped to have a proper look as the last time I was here I was in too much a rush, this time I had at least one hour to kill.

It's quite a large store, with isles and isles of guitars / basses / amps / 2 dedicated rooms for trying instruments, they've even got a section to the far right with electronic stuff, synths, keyboard and drum kits both acoustics and electronic and a repair workshop.

However I was also very impressed with their bass section, which is mainly stocked with Fender & Squier a few Ernie Balls MM, Lakeland, loads of Ibanez, Gibson and Suhr basses.

Their prices are in line with internet dealers since they also sell on line as well as the stores in Tin Pan Alley London (Denmark Street)

In fact, while talking to to one of their sales person I was told that they won't be beaten on price and if you've seen it cheaper somewhere else and can prove it by showing a web link, they'll match the price.

They are a very welcoming store, if you want to try anything just ask a member of staff for them to take it down.

There are loads of amps from Fender to Orange, Ashdown, GK, TC Electronic, Ampeg and loads of different cabs options.

That black Fender Aerodyne J/P a very lovely player, I've even tried a Custom Shop Jaco Pastorius bass and even though I don't play fretless I loved the sound of that very expensive bass.

Funny enough by the end of the day it was an acoustic guitar that caught my eye, something I might get one of these days to keep around as a strummer, it was a lovely [color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Gibson SJ-200 Antique Natural Antique Natural (2016) just shy of 3 grand but wow what a guitar...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]If you are in the area I really recommend you pay them a visit, the first thing I noticed in this shop, it's not one of those stores you walk in and some salesman immediately chases you asking you if you want to try this or that, they let you do as you like and if you need their assistance they'll be happy to help, but the signs on every guitar is clear, do not touch, ask for assistance if you want to try anything which is fair enough[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Here are a few phone shots.[/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://s144.photobucket.com/user/xt660/media/Photo%2009-05-2016%2013%2031%2017_zps3qtdmjkg.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s144.photobucket.com/user/xt660/media/Photo%2009-05-2016%2014%2013%2013_zps97kuau6h.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s144.photobucket.com/user/xt660/media/Photo%2009-05-2016%2013%2032%2047_zpsk7la9hdk.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s144.photobucket.com/user/xt660/media/Photo%2009-05-2016%2014%2015%2059_zpsjcktu2mk.jpg.html"][/url]

I've visited a couple of times - it makes a welcome diversion after I've done a Gatwick run. Great selection, knowledgeable staff, and cool with you trying anything you fancy. So far I've only bought from them on line though!

Had a few bits and pieces from them, tried some kit under no pressure, got left alone with a Squier Strat for about 20minutes before someone popped their head back in, bought that! Just ordered a compressor online, came from Glasgow, delivered on the day promised!
All in all always a good experience with them, in person or online, staff are very pleasant and quite knowledgeable!!

Just to add I've had similar experiences with Andertons too....but that's a whole other thread!!

Edited by barneyg42