Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Sei 4 Singlecut; 1st Series 2 - WITHDRAWN

I think done the right thing swapping my thumb with the sei.(Added a picy of my thumb)
i had the thumb for 17 yrs!!!!! but had a accident skiing and my shoulder is painfull wichever bas i wear but the sei sits lovely.
ta for advice about single cut,
i may try and sell my two fours then get some cash together for a decent 4 string the difference between my sei and my other basss is incredible, i think basses are so much more a part of a msician than other instruments as i was told that buying a hand made bass wuldnt be better than buying a standard factory bass!!!(by a giutarist).
popycok!
im gonna take my sei into the gallery get some new electronics put on it and maybe get martin to re-finish it as its had a few owners i think, i hope he has time for me as im not buying a new one!
ill start saving!!!
have another bump on me.!!!!

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='322168' date='Nov 4 2008, 08:38 PM']I think done the right thing swapping my thumb with the sei.(Added a picy of my thumb)
i had the thumb for 17 yrs!!!!! but had a accident skiing and my shoulder is painfull wichever bas i wear but the sei sits lovely.
ta for advice about single cut,
i may try and sell my two fours then get some cash together for a decent 4 string the difference between my sei and my other basss is incredible, i think basses are so much more a part of a msician than other instruments as i was told that buying a hand made bass wuldnt be better than buying a standard factory bass!!!(by a giutarist).
popycok!
im gonna take my sei into the gallery get some new electronics put on it and maybe get martin to re-finish it as its had a few owners i think, i hope he has time for me as im not buying a new one!
ill start saving!!!
have another bump on me.!!!![/quote]

Seis are [i]very[/i] nicely made basses. I too have a problem with my left shoulder (and my right one, and my neck, etc etc) so I know what you mean; I couldn't play a Thumb 6 these days. I have enough problems with my Alembic, which is hollow (but still quite heavy).

Martin will have plenty of time for you I'm sure; he's a fantastic chap (as are all the guys there) and really cares about his customers. I've had nothing but pleasant experiences at the Gallery.

Thanks for the bump. Still hoping I can shift something else first...

Edited by 4000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately either this or my 4001CS could still do with moving, for financial reasons only; I'd love to keep them both but I don't think it's feasible, barring a miracle. Whichever goes first, the other stays. May have to put this on ebay too as it doesn't appear to be getting much interest, although I could always take it to the Gallery after Xmas for a commission sale.

The difficult part is that my CS works much better in my current band, although I can see a use for the Sei somewhere down the line.