Why become a member? ×

Jeff Berlin interview Bass Magazine

Prosebass

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='293858' date='Sep 28 2008, 01:12 PM']Agreed, but he thinks stupid things.

He talks like he's Paul McCartney, but outside of the fraction of a percent of people who play bass, he's a nobody.

He should be bombed like his namesake.[/quote]

Paul who ?....oh yeah he's the pretentious cock who helicoptered into Glastonbury and I couldn't be bothered to watch him.... :)

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='293858' date='Sep 28 2008, 12:12 PM']Agreed, but he thinks stupid things.

He talks like he's Paul McCartney, but outside of the fraction of a percent of people who play bass, he's a nobody.

He should be bombed like his namesake.[/quote]

McCartney irritates me more than Berlin, there again you can't really compare the two, they're coming from two different places.

[quote name='Prosebass' post='293862' date='Sep 28 2008, 01:17 PM']Paul who ?....oh yeah he's the pretentious cock who helicoptered into Glastonbury and I couldn't be bothered to watch him.... :)[/quote]

I agree, McCartney is a stoat-faced cock of the highest order.

But like it or not, he's still a pretty big deal. Unlike Jeffery Berlin who is a nobody.

[quote name='Jase' post='293866' date='Sep 28 2008, 01:20 PM']McCartney irritates me more than Berlin, there again you can't really compare the two, they're coming from two different places.[/quote]

You're right. One is coming from one of the most successful and influential bands of all time, the other other is noodling some Jazz sh*te and wittering on about metronomes.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='293873' date='Sep 28 2008, 12:24 PM']You're right. One is coming from one of the most successful and influential bands of all time, the other other is noodling some Jazz sh*te and wittering on about metronomes.[/quote]

:) aye, but he does have valid points about new players being sucked in by "learn bass now" "play like Billy" "squeeze this ball and become a super player" all the magazine bull that's around.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='293873' date='Sep 28 2008, 01:24 PM']You're right. One is coming from one of the most successful and influential bands of all time, the other other is noodling some Jazz sh*te and wittering on about metronomes.[/quote]

I like the fact he has sausage fingers like me.....

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='293873' date='Sep 28 2008, 12:24 PM']You're right. One is coming from one of the most successful and influential bands of all time, the other other is noodling some Jazz sh*te and wittering on about metronomes.[/quote]

Nah, there's more to Jeff than just noodles, Tim Bogert, McCartney, Jack Bruce, Entwistle, etc... they've all had an influence on him, I think old Jack is his biggest "rock" bass hero.

[quote name='Jase' post='293978' date='Sep 28 2008, 04:41 PM']Nah, there's more to Jeff than just noodles, Tim Bogert, McCartney, Jack Bruce, Entwistle, etc... they've all had an influence on him, I think old Jack is his biggest "rock" bass hero.[/quote]

yeah but Jack Bruce is a jazzer really