Why become a member? ×

Help with song ID

ped

Hi guys

Accidentally stumbled on to 4Music earlier trying to find my daily dose of Police Interceptors. There was a nice tune on but they didn't say who it was. I assume, being on 4music it was a chart song but I don't listen to the radio and my GF hadn't heard it before either.

I wonder if anyone can ID it for me from my observations (I only heard maybe 30 seconds but thought it would be fun to play along to - I may be wrong upon second hearing) but:

- White male singer with short dark hair
- Piano/bass/guitar/vocal setup
- Relaxed groove, slightly mellow song
- Bass sounded upright but briefly saw bassist (skinny black chap) playing a fretless jazz IIRC
- Looked like they were playing outside an italian restaurant with a glass roof (akin to the restaurants found around the old train station in Windsor) no special effects just different shots of them playing (in the bit I saw anyway)
- Nice smattering of piano in the groove, not piano led but it was a prominent part of the melody

ummm that's about it. Long shot, I know. But I simply can't watch 4music again in case I end up seeing a Kardashian so please help!

Cheers
ped

P.S have trawled 4music site and UK top 40 vids on Youtube, can't see it I don't think..

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1461705058' post='3037035']
Could you hum the tune?
[/quote]

I'd love to upload a sample of my humming bit I can't actually remember anything about the tune itself. And to cap it all the episode of Interceptors I had already seen - although the police pulling over cars stinking of weed and turfing out the Adidas wearing occupants does get a bit tiring after a while.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1461705803' post='3037048']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2r2aPxNB8[/media]
[/quote]

That's it!!! Thanks. It must be a different version then because I've heard this song before and didn't like it. Don't mind this version but actually it's not as good as I remember. Still probably worth a play though. And doesn't it look like a Bills or Zizi's behind them? Got the bassist wrong didn't I?

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1461705988' post='3037051']
That's it!!! Thanks. It must be a different version then because I've heard this song before and didn't like it. Don't mind this version but actually it's not as good as I remember. Still probably worth a play though. And doesn't it look like a Bills or Zizi's behind them? Got the bassist wrong didn't I?
[/quote]

Was a great description Ped - all I did was go onto the 4Music website and look at their Introducing page and there it was! Yes, it is a version recorded fro them, and a bit nicer than the full single version IMO.