Why become a member? ×

Tentative Trade Feeler: Sadowsky MV4 (Sunburst/Tort)
£1500

therealting

Tentative feeler to see if there might be interesting trades for my Sadowsky MV4. I like it a lot and it's fulfilling the modern sound / traditional look for me in a big way at the moment, but looking at the rest of my collection I wonder if it might be better replaced by something slightly different.

I've played lots of Sadowskys (visited Roger in NYC last year), and this one has "it" for sure. This one has a sunburst finish, a beautiful tort pickguard, the "Sadowsky Guitars" logo rather than the newer "Sadowsky Metroline" logo, and has the factory VTC installed with the preamp. The swamp ash body on this example has particularly nice grain in my opinion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7z4c9ic7hq4uy4/Photo%2012-12-2015%2C%2011%2007%2007%20%281%29.jpg?dl=0

If your basses must be pristine, this isn't the instrument for you - it has been toured and played some big gigs, but it has been well taken care of and the dings and scratches are minor and not noticeable from a few feet away.

Trades which may be of interest:

- Sadowsky 5-strings, particularly NYC ones (can add a little cash as appropriate)
- high-end relics e.g. Fender Custom Shop, MJT, Bravewood
- ... try me? (but I'm sure you'll understand that not everything may be to my taste)

This is a really special bass and I'm not in any way certain about parting with it, so it would have to be something pretty cool to turn my head. I'd have no reservations about hanging on to it if nothing of interest came along.

Edited by therealting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...