Why become a member? ×

Hipshot detuner - ARGH

budget bassist

So i got a hipshot detuner, and i'm trying to get it to work, doing the logical thing, tune the e string, flick the lever and tune it to D. That should work right? That should be it? But every time i flick back up to E, the e string has gone out of tune! Argh!!!!!!! I must have spent half an hour trying to do it, and every time i flick back up to E it's out of tune! and it shouldn't be because it just flicks up to the same point, right? Gah!
This is really annoying me, someone help me out!

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='292768' date='Sep 26 2008, 02:47 PM']Minimal number of windings round the peg helps too.[/quote]

+1 Seems to be the key to these things and also get the string to be allmost in line with the nut slot as it starts the first turn on the peg if that makes sense. If there's too much break angle the nut catches the string and it never comes back in tune, although the graphite will certainly help. And defo no overlaping string on the peg.
Cheers Just