Why become a member? ×

Thomann 'Customer Care' frustration. [rant]

Paul S

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1460560007' post='3026818']

Is that Thomann's fault ? I thought they used couriers to deliver stuff, usually DHL in Germany, parcel force over here. If you click on the tracking you can activate the email notification thing to track progress of the shipment.
[/quote]

Think I was being a bit over sensitive last night...

Still annoys me that there have been 2 "attempted" deliveries and yet no card through the door or an email to say "struggling to deliver..."

Anyhow, I'll have to sort it soon as I'm probably around a month after purchase date.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1460496260' post='3026347']
Wheels are turning rather slowly regarding my double bass strings with a defective G. I contacted them and got a response the following day saying that they would pass details to their "expert", then nothing else that day. I'm hoping I'll hear from them tomorrow, and that they don't quibble over it.
[/quote]

I thought I should report back; I've now got a replacement string, and although the defective one has been returned they had already dispatched a replacement rather than waiting to inspect the returned string. I guess it took a couple of days to get in touch with the manufacturer and get the string from them (since Thomann don't stock single strings, only sets), but otherwise the process wasn't too hassley.
So it turns out they did quite well on this occasion.