Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super Compact

Kevin Dean

I've now done a couple of pub gigs with this cab So here is my opinion .
My main concern is my poor back , Carrying it is like carrying a small empty suite case So a big plus. Sound wise It's only going to be as good as the head you use , I use a Ashdowwn ABM1000 .This should make the cab work for it's money if needed , It's not a huge amount different from my old upper 12T maybe a bit tighter in the mid range . Using two other speaker systems 2 x Ashdown 2x10 neo cabs & the BF super 12T I'm able to get the sounds I like with eq changes , But The Ashdowns were 45lbs per cab .
I've been playing in a covers band , covering a wide range of tones doing anything from The Stranglers To Sledge Hammer by Peter Gabriel with loads of Compression , & sub Oct ,It handled al with ease .
I've been trying to talk myself into buying another one But I really don't think that I need one But it would look cool . Another thing I would say is that I don't miss the tweeter a all , I use to have this et half way on the Super 12T . & another thing , Standing really close to this cab on gigs I don't get the problem of not being to hear myself on small stages as I did .

Not wanting to make your envy any worse JapanAxe, but I owned one of the first Compacts (G1) from new and loved it, a great cab then and still is now.

But the BB2 I now own is an improvement over the previous models. I haven't heard a Super Compact, but I assume it must sound similar to a BB2 with the horn turned off. If that is correct, I think you'd like the Super Compact. <_< :)

Frank

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1459799000' post='3019830']
Good to hear you're liking your SC.

Why not buy a Super Midget for even more versatility?

Frank.
[/quote]I can't see how it would improve on the sound ? Do you ever use both of your cabs together ?

Kevin, I always use the BB2 where there's space. If it's tight or a small pub I use the SM.

For bigger rooms I use both, but this rare. (Although I used both for last Saturday nights gig. It sounded massive.)

Both cabs use the same driver and seem OK together. This set-up effectively gives you three rigs.

Frank.