Why become a member? ×

Barefaced BB2 & One 10 - any users?

Bass Culture

I currently own a Barefaced BB2 which I'm very happy with and was thinking of adding a One 10 just for the convenience of transporting to rehearsals (both full and in-house, vocal rehearsals etc.) and was wondering how they work together if I were to use both for larger gigs. Anyone used both together? I don't find the BB2 lacks anything but I was simply wondering whether the One 10 would bring anything else to the party if paired with it. Thanks, BC.

Seems like using them together would be an odd thing to do IMO - the smaller speaker in the much smaller box would be getting the same power from the amp as the larger one and so would be more likely to distort first. If you used your ears & listened out for it (adjusting volume accordingly) it would probably be fine but I'm not sure it would really offer much. Mixing a cab marketed as being very clean/clear/whatever with a cab that was designed to have some colour/inherent tone is a bit of a mixture of theories.

Most people suggest getting another of the same if you want more volume, though as you want one for easy transport then maybe that's not for you.

Could work if you have an amp with output volume settings to give different levels of power from each speakon to feed the cabs with different volumes, like the Tecamp puma 1000.

If not, then you'll probably be quieter overall I should imagine due to being restricted by the 1x10.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1459250837' post='3014716']
These are Barefaced cabs. The 110 "can run at 250 watts all day".

I doubt this little cab will be a weak link in any signal chain.
[/quote]

Problem is its up against another barefaced cab that can run at 800w all day long in the super powerful BB2.

I know that Alex would recommend either a super midget or another BB2. Either one makes your stack louder, and move more air. But in all honesty one BB2 is enough for most situations I'm sure. I used an RH750 when I paired my BB2 with a super midget. Gives you three different sized cab solutions then. Very versatile.

Ive got an amp that drops to 2 ohms so I've paired my BB2 with a super twin for some serious overkill!

I truly believe that if you ever get to the point of putting enough power in both cabs at the same time so that the one10 farts out i'll be able to hear you over here in Portugal...

Seriously now, the power handling isn't an issue, it's the voicing from both cabs that may not mix well. You should talk to Alex and ask him for advice.