Why become a member? ×

Tc electronic Bg250

torby

Ok then here's the deal,

I want a new bass combo, funds are limited (around £250) I rather fancy one of the tc electronic range but unfortunately I don't live anywhere near a store that supplies them so it has to be mail order.

In my price range I can go for the
15" speaker
12 " speaker
2x8" speakers although in my mind I think that's not the best option....

I want to play a bit of Muse, some Zeppelin, maybe some Rush, Police, basically rock & Blues , I only have to compete with a drummer and guitar player, so would anyone like to share their opinions?

Thanks.

I recently looked into these. The main problem for me was that only the 2x8 has the option of adding another cab. And the 2x8 doesn't have a gain knob unlike the others and only has one slot for the effects.

If the other models had an extension for another cab I would have seriously considered them.

I was also informed more than once that the wattage on these is somewhat exaggerated so the extra cab was a must.

Edited by CletePurcel

I have the 115, but I've tried the 112 a few times and if I was buying again I'd go for the 112. The 115 is great, but it's a bit boomy when you push it, the 112 sounded a lot clearer to my ears, I haven't done a back to back test, so it could have been the venue, or maybe just my ears playing tricks on me.