Why become a member? ×

Power Supplies .. running out of options

fleabag

Just about every power brick type supply i've searched for seems to limit the multi 9v outputs to 100ma

I must admit though that i'm not looking at the Rolls Royce prices of CIOKS and VOODOO LABS.

Most reasonably priced bricks do include , or seem to, one 500ma 9v, with the rest being 100ma ( not really concerned too much about 12v or 18v that some bricks include, although the 18v may come in handy at a later date )

My problem is that i run a Soundblox pro BEF , which is 120ma, so yes i could use the one 500ma 9v output, but then i also run a BSW which apparently needs variable ma between 80 and 300ma.

Kinda leaves me in a predicament. I also run a Line 6 Liqua Flange for chorus only, and Korg Pitch Black, but i hate the Line 6 so that will be exchanged for a different chorus at some point

Is there nothing out there for my set up ?

:(

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1457289787' post='2997080']
How about getting a splitter cable and sharing the 500mA output between the Soundblox and BSW?

If your figures are correct, combined they'll only draw between 200mA and 420mA.
[/quote]

Now why didnt i think of that ? This why its best to ask :)

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1457291280' post='2997087']
TRex Chamelon runs 5 x 300mA 9V switchable to 12V
[/quote]

Must admit , not heard of that one - going for a search

I have looked at the TGI , Nordell , Soundlab and Innogear

Wished that had come up in my google searches

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Artec-CPB-12-Multi-Power-Supply-Power-up-to-12-guitar-pedals-at-once-CPB12-/391244862919?hash=item5b1802d5c7:m:mposrpICI6twLDQURFWsSRw

I bought the Innogear in the end, so will use a splitter

• 5 years later...

For the record the TGI Powerbox has

1 x 18V

2 x 12V 1A

1 x 9V 1A

5 x 9V 100mA

So a bit more welly than some. Includes a five-way splitter cable as well as several single ones and a polarity reversing cable.

And as the silken-voiced salesman pointed out - four international adaptors for my world tour...