Why become a member? ×

Ampeg 6x10 hlf £250....( works fine )
£360

Sadly I need to downsize.
I love this cab and prefer it to the 8x10 ,to me it has much better lows.this is USA made( early 2000's at a guess)
It's in not to bad condition ,a couple of Nick's on the tolex and black tape on the edges (originally to protect tolex joints) grill is fine.
The only issue ( not imo) is the horn doesn't do anything...I think the fuse bulb needs replacing,not a issuse to me as other uses will agree it's a million times better without it

SUPER SALE £250

Obviously a pick up or meet situation,based in Devon but happy to travel SW

Pics up later :-)

Edited by danbowskill

Incredible deal for a USA one of these. Haven't used mine in anger on stage for a good couple of years now due to the size but hands down the best sounding cab I've ever owned, so have a free bump.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing this at rehearsal yesterday,at a very loud volume ( using my svt valve head to see how loud it takes to dirty up) it has developed a slight crackle? It's Not there when used at a normal band volume.so I'll assume one of the cones might be on its way out. Easy fix [url="https://m.thomann.de/gb/ampeg_86_510_06_lautsprecher.htm"]https://m.thomann.de...autsprecher.htm[/url]

This in mind I'm pricing this to go ASAP £155!! Super bargain. Like I said needs gone now,I'm happy to locally drop off or have picked up.

Edited by danbowskill

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1459973079' post='3021486']
Just not queens of the stone age style filth
[/quote]

Ah yeh, my inspiration also. I know they always used to use them live(though not any more) but for studio recording it could be anything producing the sound knowing Josh's penchant for the wierd and experimental. I remember Nick saying that the bass sound for No One Knows was from an old Peavey guitar amp.

UPDATE!!............Having received my new sealed 610 i used it yesterday at practice ,Cranked it up and i had the same problem as i had with the Ampeg cab! i was convinced it was the cab before now .......But on a big inspection stripping through my head i did the pencil tube tap trick and found it was a simple bad 12AX7 creating all the problems, vibrating when at a certain volume and freq (DOE!)
checked this cab and all is good :-) but as i have a new cab now i'd still let this go at an absolute steel at £250 (don't try to haggle me).

Im happy the mail more pics on request if wanted :-)