Why become a member? ×

Where to get precut 42mm 5 string nut

Greggo

Hi as above I would like to get a precut 5 string nut that's 42mm but I'm struggling. Does anyone know where I can try? I know I can get blanks but that isn't something I'm interested in!

Not bothered about it being bone a cheapo one will do as it's just to replace a broken one on my old Yamaha 5er.

Thanks!

[quote name='Greggo' timestamp='1456693173' post='2991532']...to replace a broken one on my old Yamaha 5er...
[/quote]

Really no way to repair the broken one..? With a photo, maybe someone could offer an alternative solution..? Or maybe Yamaha could supply one as a spare part..? Just sayin'.

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Greggo' timestamp='1456699588' post='2991628']
Thanks for responses. I'm guessing a blank is going to be best bet.
[/quote]

Yes. tbh, it was always something I avoided but I did a nut recently, as the first one I had done, and it turned out to be way easier than I expected it to be, especially if you have the old one as a template and you do it gently

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1456704129' post='2991670']

Really no way to repair the broken one..? With a photo, maybe someone could offer an alternative solution..? Or maybe Yamaha could supply one as a spare part..? Just sayin'.
[/quote]

Photo here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BykALQtqty0aS1d5N2NJYVAwLUE/view?usp=docslist_api

The thing is I've lost the little bit that has come detached or I would have been able to do something.

If anyone can suggest a repair that would work in meantime that would be great. The thing is the bit where it's snapped does have a "ledge" where the string sits bit obviously as it gets tension on it just comes off so I need something to stop it flying off.

Would superglue / baking soda help here?