Why become a member? ×

The erm...."spunky" Bass

KennysFord

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='289212' date='Sep 22 2008, 03:03 PM']it seems you just have to walk into their shop in Seoul and they'll give you what you want.well not give exactly but...............
check this lil' beaut out on the other forum.Nicer than a nice thing !!
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433262&highlight=spunky"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.p...ighlight=spunky[/url][/quote]

A part of the site shows their massive parts shop, but I am sure that you don't have to do any of that, since they have an online shop.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry,i meant the rosewood board is lighter in colour in the photo on the left,the one i ordered.The bass on the right is the one they've put together and shipped.

Edit,
it seems the bass hasnt shipped after all and here's the reply from willows guitar
[i]"Hi~
Thanks for your reply.
I think I have to say "Do not worry~".
It is the same "indian rosewood" and I have selected Premeuim grade for you.
I rub some oil on the fingerboard so the look might be darker.
And normally the darker rosewood has a good quality than brighter(ex:sonokelin).
- it was not stein or boiled to make dark, it is naturally dried.

The color would be much better if you see the real."[/i]
So,it seems i have a "premium" grade rosewood board,not sure what sonokelin is though.
google......????
Its nice enough like but i am i bit disapointed.

Edited by kennyrodg

yup,the only difference though is whichever colour you choose you'll get a different one........dispite numerous phone calls and emails...LOL.
To be fair he's answered all my emails even called me at nearly midnight Korean time to answer any concerns. i'm a happy bunny really and i'll give him the benefit and see what its like when it turns up........providing it ends up in the right country/continent. :)

Edited by kennyrodg

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='305510' date='Oct 13 2008, 02:15 PM']Hi.
The bass was $500 delivered,last week that worked out at £285,not sure what it'll be now tho'.
It was shipped last Friday and its at Heathrow now.There's bound be be some duty to pay tho'.
:)[/quote]

If the customs and robbers do you the full amount it works out at 21.5% VAT and Import Duty plus any handling charges so expect at least £60.00

Cheers Mike........and cheers prosebass. :)
I just had an email of Ryu,(pronounced Loo if you decide to phone him,btw his english isnt too bad) and he's just told me he's marked the box as a gift and value at $100.I did'nt ask him to do that so came as a suprise,will they fall for it or will they see through the charade and value it themselves as a priceless Korean artifact.
To be continued....................... :ph34r:
If i get stung for £60 i'll not be too depressed,as long as it turns up safe and sound i'll be happy as larry.

Edited by kennyrodg