Why become a member? ×

Squire classic vibe?

Joebethell

[quote name='Joebethell' timestamp='1456510541' post='2989901']
So I had a spare 5mins at work today stuck in the centre of Hanley so popped into Academy of Sound they don't have many basses usually but now and again a secondhand instrument comes in or the odd fender that's worth a look.
Strangely this time a Squire stood out from the crowd.
It was an Inca silver classic vibe with matching headstock, looked really nice good neck pocket and for the money looked like a bit of a steal?
Now I didn't have time to plug it in but does any Basschatter have any experience with theses are they worth a punt as a gigging back up as I'm tempted to go back and give it a play/maybe buy.
[/quote]

I own a Squire vibe jazz bass. Fantastic sound and playability. I replaced the pups with SeymourDuncan pups.Roto round wound strings.it growls like a lion.

Update re my Squier Classic Vibe P bass in fiesta Red;
I've gigged it a few times now - it's ideal for those venues I'd rather not take a more expensive bass

I'm a really big fan of the PJ pickup arrangement. I can still make it sound just like a proper P. But the ability to dial in a bit of Jazz "burble" or make is sound more like a Jazz by rolling off a bit of the P pickup is fantastic. A blend of both pickups is superb, and it's emminently tweakable, to suit the song or the sound in the venue - I can always get it to cut through the mix

Those Entwistle pickups might be cheap, but they're brilliant for the money. I've since had my Fender Roadworn P made into a PJ, with Entwistle JBXN pickup in bridge position. I'm going to put a better P pickup in now too. Comparing the 2 PJ basses - the Entwistle pickup is much better than the Fender, honestly

Still loving my Squier Classic Vibe P :)

Edited by Marc S