Why become a member? ×

Compressor Advice

EskimoBassist

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='290559' date='Sep 24 2008, 08:48 AM']BBE OptoStomp for me.

Wouldn't be without it.[/quote]

Same here. much more useful than my old PF (which really didn't seem to do anything).
Makes my P sound even more like a P now.
Also the battery access is much better than the PF , where you have to unscrew the base.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='290265' date='Sep 23 2008, 07:29 PM']Even odder as the EBS has an input pad and internally adjustable threshold![/quote]

Exactly! It peeves me off how people who review stuff don't even know how to operate the stuff that they review. Hardly makes it useful for drawing any conclusions.

Thanks for your replies everyone :). I think im looking towards a Carl Martin, an EBS or a BBE Opto-Stomp.

Im just running a Passive Jazz through my FX and amp anyway so i think any of the three would do the job described nicely, especially as i don't use any Envelopes with harsh peaks anyway. It would be to bring out nuiances, maintain a relatively uniform signal at high gain and to protect my amp. Especially as i have quite an aggressive style, revolving around Fingerstyle, Slap and playing with a Pick.

Thanks again, Rich