Why become a member? ×

What's on a par with an American Fender Jazz

The Hat

[quote name='The Hat' timestamp='1455446230' post='2979082']
Well I've bought it now. Thought the sale was gonna fall through which is why I asked the original question. However I'm now the proud owner of an Fender American Jazz. To me it's quality and feels so nice to me
[/quote]it would do, that's the feeling you get when you buy something. The real time to evaluate you purchase is when you have had and used the bass a lot. Let's hear from you then about your purchase :)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1455988209' post='2984348']
So,
You accept it.
Shops accept it.
Difficult to relate how many lost sales that has cost.
The shops loss perhaps?
[/quote]

I wouldn't buy a bass if I didn't think I could 'fix' it... and two of my most recent buys are better for me since I've tweaked them.
Why the shop didn't do them..??? altho to be fair, one shop tried, I just worked on it more.

I bought a Fender P bass about 10 years ago now, that had been hanging in a shop secondhand for ages. So long in fact that I'd bought an sold a Yamaha and a MIJ jazz while trying to get the right sound, before paying this one any attention.

The strings on it were so clothy and old that I had no idea whether it was any good or not, but eventually persuaded the shop guys to restring it and give it a clean before I popped back the following day with some cash.

That clean up and restring transformed the bass completely - now it just sang, was loud, lovely and resonant. I bought it and it's been my main bass more or less ever since.

To think how long they'd had it on sale rather than spend half an hour making it presentable. Personally it turned out in my favour, but weird attitude to have.