Why become a member? ×

Good multi fx for use in fx loop?

roceci

I've just started taking my Zoom B3 out live after using it at home exclusively. I hate having loads of wires on stage so I put the B3 thru the fx loop on the FET channel of my Genz Shuttlemax, sit it on top of my rig & use the amp's footswitch to switch between the two channels for fx/clean.

Only thing is, the B3 doesn't sound great in the loop. There was a thread on here just now saying why & it's totally correct. It's intended to go between guitar & amp.

So, what are the options for a decent multi that sounds great in the loop? Or is this the nature of all multis?

The main reason for using a loop is if you are using amp overdrive and want to put certain effects after the distortion.

Most floor based multis are designed to run at instrument level whereas effects loops usually (but not always) run at a hotter line level. If your amp does then you may be better off looking at rack based effects that are more line level friendly, but there might be some floor based ones out there that can handle it!

Your only other option is a signal reducer and signal booster all in the loop with the B3, but then we're approaching overkill!

Edited by dannybuoy

There are, unfortunately not a massive amount of 'line level' effects units on the market that are in the same budget as the B3. They tend to be leaning towards the 'professional market' and thus the effects quality is better and reflected in the cost.

Some of my favourites include: TC Electronic G Major 2, TC Electronic G-Force, Eventide and Rocktron. None of which are specifically bass units but have a whole host of different effects on them. I am currently using the TC Electronic G System which is a superb machine and central hub even for external pedals too.

The only way is then up and you'll be entertaining AxeFX and Kemper dreams!