Why become a member? ×

Aguilar J Pickups

Pestie

Morning All

I am having real problems trying to source a replacement neck pick up cover for my USA Spector Shorty no:#25. The official Spector information just says it is an Aguilar J. When I try to search this there are at least 4 different types to choose from and then only if I buy a complete pickup set. This seems a bit excessive since all I need is the plastic cover, the pickups work perfectly. I have tried Spector who passed me on to Bass Direct, neither were able to help. I then tried Barnes & Mullins the UK distributor for Aguilar who suggested a complete pick up set. I have also tried a generic cover off Ebay and the pole spacing wasn't the same.

Any ideas or suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Mike (Pestie)

That's helpful of Barnes & Mullins to suggest you buy a complete set of pickups when all you need is a plastic cover. Really good customer service, eh? I'd try filing out the pole piece holes on the generic one you've got. Would be better than nothing. Or perhaps a personal email to the CEO of Aguilar, saying how much you like his products, etc?

I don't know about Spector pickup width, but I installed a set of AJ70s in my squire jazz a couple of months ago and they're standard Fender Jazz size, with the neck pickup being slightly shorter than the bridge.

If its just pickup covers after and your not bothered about branding then try http://www.allparts.uk.com/collections/plastic-pickup-covers/single-coil-jazz-bass-style