£250

Sambrook

[attachment=211591:P1010250.JPG]

30" scale 4 string fretless
Ash back, Bubinga, Maple, and Black Walnut top
1 piece black walnut neck, telecaster style headstock, black walnut fingerboard
2 Jazz pickups, passive (VVT)
Brass position dots

I really love this bass. I am the 1st, 3rd, and 5th owner, and if it was 34" scale, it wouldn't be up for sale. However, I am concentrating exclusively on fretless, working on muscle memory particularly, and the jump in scale lengths is slowing me down.

so here is a reluctant sale. We all know the quality of Paul's work, this one maintains that standard- it's a joy to play. It growls when you want it to, the harmonics are strong. Its not so much a Jazz bass on steroids, as one on diet pills

I've used the bass to test different strings, so it comes strung with D'Addario piccolo strings, and included in the sale re the following:
D'Addario Chromes
Rotosound Monel flats
La Bella black nylon tapewounds
A set of coated rounds (forgotten the brand)
D'Addario rounds
Both sets of D'Addario very fresh, the coated rounds nicely dull, and the others with plenty of life. All cut for this bass.

I'll include as many pics as the site will allow. Very happy to answer any questions. Whoever buys it will really enjoy it

[attachment=211592:P1010251.JPG][attachment=211593:P1010252.JPG][attachment=211594:P1010254.JPG]

Edited by Sambrook

Remember almost buying this off you a few years back (think someone beat me to it, can't really remember) - I guess you got it back. Loved the look of it then and still do. Sorted for fretless now, but this is such a lovely thing.

Ahhh, GAS, you cruel mistress!!

• 2 weeks later...