Why become a member? ×

Fuzz, Overdrive or Distortion? (Thread has mutated into one about bi-amping... sorry about that.)

CamdenRob

You shouldn't do any damage to the guitar amp. The internals aren't an issue, the only potential problem is feeding the speaker too much low frequency content, but most guitar amps filter the deep lows anyway, plus you're rolling off the bass EQ. Just listen to the guitar rig in isolation and you should be able to test how bassy it sounds!

If you want a more portable version of this setup you can try a Tech21 California (or the dirt cheap Joyo clone) which is a Mesa simulator, and blend your clean bass with that via the LS-2 and send the mixture to your bass rig.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1454877494' post='2973882']
You shouldn't do any damage to the guitar amp. The internals aren't an issue, the only potential problem is feeding the speaker too much low frequency content, but most guitar amps filter the deep lows anyway, plus you're rolling off the bass EQ. Just listen to the guitar rig in isolation and you should be able to test how bassy it sounds!

If you want a more portable version of this setup you can try a Tech21 California (or the dirt cheap Joyo clone) which is a Mesa simulator, and blend your clean bass with that via the LS-2 and send the mixture to your bass rig.
[/quote]

OK great, I am a little worried about shredding my guitar cabs... Is there a high pass filter pedal or similar out there I can use to filter out anything going to the guitar rig which can cause my cabs damage?

I do have a Tech 21 US Steel pedal for guitar which is supposed to emulate my amp (I bought it for when I am forced to use someone else's rig on multi band nights etc.)... It's not bad but it's not a patch on the actual amp... Will definitely suffice for a more portable solution though.