Why become a member? ×

SOLD Sei Ash/Birdseye Maple Custom 5-string
£2250

lowregisterhead

For sale is a beautiful Sei Custom 5 made for me by Martin and John at The Gallery in Camden last year.

It has an ash body, a flame maple top, and birdseye maple neck and fingerboard. It's fitted with Bartolini pickups, the rear pickup installed in the 'Stingray' position, with a 3-way coil tap switch, and a soapbar at the neck, giving it a huge range of tones, further enhanced by a John East Uni-pre. The controls are stacked volume/pickup pan, stacked treble (with bright pull)/bass, stacked mid/sweep, and passive tone with active/passive push/pull. (More info on this incredibly versatile preamp can be found here: [url="http://www.east-uk.com/index.php/all-products/uni-pre-4k.html"]http://www.east-uk.c...uni-pre-4k.html[/url] ) It balances beautifully and weighs in at 4.4kg on my scales.

It's 35" scale, with bridge or through body stringing. The neck is 48mm wide and 21mm deep at the nut, and 64mm wide and 23mm deep at the 12th fret, with 19mm string spacing at the bridge.

The bass is in immaculate condition.

No trade offers please, this is for straight sale only. Drop me a PM if you want to come and see it. I'm close to junction 10 of the M25. Tea, coffee, and biscuits will be supplied, along with a selection of amps to try it through...

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1460943866' post='3030028']
My long lost Sei is hands down the best bas I've ever played. It just felt very special. This seems to me like a very unique instrument and a personal spec selection.
[/quote]

Yes, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't tick the boxes for someone else, of course. Why not come over and try it... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1460943866' post='3030028']
My long lost Sei is hands down the best bas I've ever played. It just felt very special. This seems to me like a very unique instrument and a personal spec selection.
[/quote]

It's not so long lost, its still here….

Bump for a super Sei !

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...