Why become a member? ×

'83 Wal Mk 1 for under £2,000 anyone? **SOLD**
£1950

Beedster

• 3 months later...

Thanks Martin.

Folks, the guy who bought this bass in January received two bits of good news the same week, the first was his first Wal, the second his first child! So, aware of imminent financial constraints, he offered it back and I, missing it, bought it back :rolleyes:

Ultimately however, whilst I'd love to keep it, it's been here pretty much unplayed for three months - I have three other fretless basses, an EUB and a DB, so I'm not without options. I'd prefer collection from Canterbury or meet-up in the SE area, but I'm sure we can sort things if that's a problem.

No trades thanks

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Folks, a quick head's up, if you're interested in this [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]please [b]read the background to the bass[/b] in the thread here [/font][/color][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/224386-waljazz-mongrel/page__st__90."]http://basschat.co.u...l/page__st__90.[/url], specifically posts 83-85 which detail the work carried out by Paul Hermann at Wal, and also show before shots (horrifying) and after shots (lovely)!

Cheers

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1461616944' post='3036221']
Folks, the guy who bought this bass in January received two bits of good news the same week, the first was his first Wal, the second his first child! So, aware of imminent financial constraints, he offered it back and I, missing it, bought it back :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Turns out the worries about financial constraints were quite well founded!...

If it weren't the case though, I'd have this back in a heartbeat! Incredible bass, beautiful sound and feel, really one of the best basses I've played. I want it back, but I can't afford it :sad: Are you sure you want to let this go again Chris!?...

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1461670978' post='3036576']
Turns out the worries about financial constraints were quite well founded!...

If it weren't the case though, I'd have this back in a heartbeat! Incredible bass, beautiful sound and feel, really one of the best basses I've played. I want it back, but I can't afford it :sad: Are you sure you want to let this go again Chris!?...
[/quote]

And they won't get any better for a while mate, my three girls are like an economic black hole, sucking in huge quantities of economic energy and turning it instantaneously into something so incredibly small that it is almost impossible to discern its very existence. Stretching the analogy a little, that black hole then appears to pull in all other financial resources! The only way I've kept some decent gear is by maintaining a 'one in/one out gear fund and doing everything through PayPal so that no-one is tempted to say "we could spend that on a holiday"

But you know what, the fact that I can let a Wal go in part to fund the girls' holiday this year says it all, there's nothing better. Hope all goes smoothly with yours mate.

And this lovely Wal is sold pending the usual folks :(