Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Tobias Killer B 5 string bass £500 SOLD
£500

david1711

For sale or trade, this Tobias Killer B 5 String bass, made in 1997 in the US, serial no 4814.

This is active/passive with EMG pickups, 24 frets, 35 ins scale, 17mm string spacing at the bridge. Weight is approx 9.5lbs.

Condition is good for a bass of this age, but there are a number of small lacquer dings/scratches, a small Nick in the top of the headstock and the bridge has some wearing as can be seen.

The neck is smooth and the action can be set very low. Preamp frequencies can be reset and there is a wide variety of tones available.

Comes with the Tobias hard case shown.

Postage extra at cost and to be discussed.

I bought this bass in 2002 for £1200 pre used not being aware of the pre and post Gibson factor. You live and learn!

This is my first such advert so please be gentle and apologies for the lousy photos. I have bought 2 basses from this amazing forum and sold one so I have some feedback. I have more to sell.

I am located in Hertfordshire near St Albans so very accessible if you live in the South East.

Thanks for looking and do please pm me if you need any further information.

David

Edited by david1711

Yes, exactly, two piece, lacewood.

This bass has never been on eBay. The exact same model was though about a year ago.

The finish above the neck pick up was almost down to the wood and overall my bass is in much better condition than that one.