Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie D 800 subway vs Gallien Krueger mb 800

john longo

Hi there has anyone out there tried or own the new Mesa Boogie D 800 subway? i cannot find any reviews anywhere or heard or know anyone that has tried one. They do seem a little overpriced for a non vlave head at £750.00, i am also interested in the Gallien Krueger MB 800 which does have great reviews and good clips on you tube. I play rocknroll/rockabilly stand up double bass, and i'm trying to search out which one of these amps would sound better with a stand up bass. I'm thinking about using the head with a good vanderkley speaker or barefaced which all have fantastic reviews, can anyone advise me please thanks very much i look forward to your views cheers players.

I have an MB800 I use into a BF BB2 and Midget t. I really like the MB800 over other small class D bass amps i've used. My Barefaced cabs are 8 ohms, so worth pointing out the MB800 has 560 watts into 8 ohms compared to 400 from the D800 and also the new Genzler amp. Both new amps look nice on paper and i will be watching the threads over the coming months to see how they compare.

Thanks to Bob the dog and chris B yes i have seen a couple of you tube clips on the subway 800 but i found that the videos didn't do a great deal for me, plus the people who demonstrate the product sell them in there shop's plus mesa boogie themselves. So only one opinion one way i want an honest opionion from someone who try's all sorts of amps they are the best opinons but thanks for your input i will also try talkbass that's one i have not done cheers.